VMT provides various lengths of aluminum profiles and complex geometric shapes to meet your product development needs. Combined with our many other manufacturing services, aluminum profiles can provide design flexibility and low cost. Extrusion parts are widely used in construction and construction, automobiles and transportation, electronic products and power supplies, and places requiring low weight, strength and corrosion resistance.
What is Extrusion?
Extrusion is the process of forcing semi-molten aluminum through a forming tool or die using hydraulic pressure. Dies are made from hardened tool steel and the complexity of the possible profiles can range from simple box sections to sophisticated automobile frame members or electrical heat sinks.
After extrusion, finished part lengths are cut off in sections and can be further processed with drilling, tapping, anodizing, and more. Extrusions are found in construction, architecture, industrial, automotive, transportation and electronics applications, among many others.
What Are The Advantages of Extrusion?
Extrusions offer several distinct advantages for product developers:
- Profiles are lightweight, strong and corrosion-resistant
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Consistent wall thicknesses
- Low cost for material and tooling
- Many aftermarket finishing options available
- Very fast processing compared to other methods
We follow the standard general NADCA tolerances. However, if your requirements are very precise, then the precision tolerances standard can be followed once we have confirmed your designs.
What does VMT provide?
We can provide multi-axis CNC post-processing including drilling and tapping. It can be used for complex molds that do not require complex extrusion molds combined with CNC processing, reducing your customized processing costs at the beginning of the production of parts.
We control all post-processing operations according to your exact specifications. This includes polishing, anodizing, painting and powder coating to perfect your parts.
- Press sizes: 450T ~ 3000T
- Minimum order volume: 0.5 ton aluminum for smaller machines, 1.0 ton of 6063 aluminum for larger machines.
- Tooling lead time: 2 weeks for small molds, 4 weeks for larger molds.
- Post-machining: Full service CNC cutting, threading, slotting, face milling, etc.
Get Your Extrusion Project Started Today
Our engineers are ready to work with you to make sure you get great parts fast. When you submit your 3D design files, we will consult with you to ensure design for manufacturability in order to get parts that meet and exceed your expectations. Contact us for your free quote and design review today.